We had such a fun day on Saturday celebrating Little Hands Design 15th anniversary -we can’t quite believe ourselves how far we have come… Here are our top twelve highlights of the day:
- Huge thanks to the ladies of our free refugee class who came with home-baked cupcakes which they donated to our fundraising cause and then ran our cookie decoration stall!
- ‘Old Handers’ Etti and TJ who had joined Little Hands at the age of seven and are now young adults teaching the 6-8 year Tiny Hands groups, kept everyone busy with friendship bracelets!
- Our two little elves Ben and Anou were very convincing in selling raffle tickets and guiding the Belsize Village crowds to our studio!
- Little Hands teachers Jaime, Aga and Loredana were super busy making Festival Hairbands and super cute tutus and generally making everyone feel welcome!
- Abi from Bright Bricks was overrun by eager kids AND ADULTS keen to play with LEGO!!!
- Amber could not believe her luck winning the LEGO design competition having come to the party in her prize winning super dress!
- Megan (coat) and Hendrik (dungarees) were super proud to win the ‘Projects of the term’ for the under 10 year old girls’ and boys’ category respectively and so was Aya in the teenager category – Lilly-Ella does not even know she is a winner yet!
- Rodrina was our raffle queen – and picked Zoe for first prize (whole term free weekly class; Chelsea second prize (free mini-workshop for her and three of her friends); Joane third prize (free drop-in class)
- Maneesh from Ark Academies was super excited to find out about our Duke of Edinburgh opportunities and wants to link up with Little Hands!
- Ken from the Chicken Newspaper wants to run a Little Hands design competition for his readers in the next issue
- IT DID NOT RAIN – in fact sunshine was upon us the whole day with a sudden heatwave !!!
- Astrid, the BOSS LADY, was very happy and grateful for all the positive feedback and support from parents, students, the Little Hands team ….What a great community we are!
10 DAYS TO GO and already halfway there!!! Please continue to support our endeavour to raise enough money to support 30 disadvantaged kids and expand out refugee work by sharing this and considering a small contribution to: